Unable to access Code tab for writing a script

I am new to Fast Reports, I imagine that I am doing something stupid and the solution to my problem is simple.

I am using Fast Reports 5.1.5 with RAD Studio Seattle on Windows 10. I wish to write a script but am unable to access the "Code" tab located to the left of the "Data" and "Page1" tabs. When I click on the "Code" tab it switches to the "Data" tab if the "Page1" tab is active, otherwise if the "Data" tab is active it will stay on that tab.

This happens with my application and with a test application that only includes a TfrxDBDataset / TfrxUserDataset and a TfrxReport dropped onto the form.

Any help greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Comments

• LurkingKiwiLurkingKiwi Wellington, New Zealand
    edited 6:47AM
    Which version/edition of FastReport are you using? AFAICS scripting isn't available for the Embarcadero Edition shipped with RAD Studio.
  • edited 6:47AM
    Which version/edition of FastReport are you using? AFAICS scripting isn't available for the Embarcadero Edition shipped with RAD Studio.

It is the version that comes with RAD Studio, version 5.1.5. There is also no help (other than the PDF manual) and the demos are missing. I downloaded the FastReport installation package for Seattle from Embarcadero (used for reinstalling if accidentally uninstalled), used it to uninstall and reinstall FastReport - but it made no difference.

It makes it somewhat difficult to learn how to use the software. I wanted the script capability so that I can resize the column widths to fit their content. I am creating reports dynamically. If this capability is unavailable in this edition of FastReport then it is a non-starter.

I checked on the FastReport website and it seems that you are correct:

FastReport Features

That is disappointing [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Looks like I will have to find another way to produce reports. Thanks for your help.[/img]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.