Win10 Delphi Xe7 "Text Object" editor doesn't show

So I have a Windows 10 laptop with Delphi XE7 and FastReport VCL 5 installed.
When I drop a frxReport component on a vcl form and enter design mode and drop a Text Object on the page, the text editor window is not shown... When I click around I hear the windows beep sound signalizing that I'm clicking outside a modal window, but the window itself (text editor) is not shown and I have to press Esc button to "cancel" the invisible dialog. The problem is that I can't edit the text of the text object component because if this. The same thing happens when I click the "..." button next to the "Memo" property of the text object, the text editor window is not shown.
When I drop for example a chart object on the page the "Chart Editor" window appears as it should. It's the same with system text object, the "System Memo" window appears as it should. It's only the text object that is causing issues.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this? I tried reinstalling FastReport and Delphi but to no avail. Also this problem wasn't present from the beginning, it started happening suddenly a few months ago so I guess a Windows 10 update might have somehow caused it, however reinstalling Windows is not an option right now.

Anyone had a similar issue?

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited March 2019
    theproper wrote: »
    So I have a Windows 10 laptop with Delphi XE7 and FastReport VCL 5 installed.
    : : :
    Anyone had a similar issue?
    I haven't seen anything like this, unfortunately.

A bit more data might help. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Which versions of Windows 10 and FR Vcl 5 do you have? Oh and was XE7 the most uptodate Patched Version? [Most recent public version of Windows is 10.0.17763.316 (1809) [both 64 and 32 bit) and FastReport is 5.6.18.] When you reinstalled FR, did you go through the ritual of a (manual) complete uninstall first, and then a Recompile after installation? Finally (for now), if you suspect Windows may have been "trashed" in a recent update, have you run the available scan and repair tools (DISM, SFC etc.)? Cheers, Paul[/img]
  • gpigpi
    edited 4:32PM
    Add second monitor again or go to menu View-Options and press Restore Defaults button

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.