Delphi 10.2 Community

Hello all,

Has anybody installed FastReport 5 in the Delphi Community version and got the components to actually work? There are no demos included in the install.

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 10:56AM
    What FR's edition (Embarcadero, Standard, Professional, Enterprise) do you use?
  • edited 10:56AM
    gpi wrote: »
    What FR's edition (Embarcadero, Standard, Professional, Enterprise) do you use?
    Embarcadero v.5.6.17
  • gpigpi
    FR Embarcadero demos in the attach
    gpi wrote: »

Thanks for the demos. However, I get this error when trying to compile:
    [dcc32 Fatal Error] fs_isysrtti.pas(625): F2039 Could not create output file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\FastReports\LibD25\fs_isysrtti.dcu'
  • Leo BidiLeo Bidi Montevideo, Uruguay
    bruce2 wrote: »
    bruce2 wrote: »

[dcc32 Fatal Error] fs_isysrtti.pas(625): F2039 Could not create output file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\FastReports\LibD25\fs_isysrtti.dcu'

I think you must run your Embarcadero program with admin rights.
    Leo Bidi wrote: »

I think you must run your Embarcadero program with admin rights.
    Yes...that was it. Thanks!
  • LurkingKiwiLurkingKiwi Wellington, New Zealand
    I don't know if you have the choice, but I always install my FR away from Program Files and install for all users.
    Sometimes I make the access rights be everything for everybody.
    That resolves issues with doing a "build" which recompiles FR if you have the source. You may still have to run the FR recompile tool as admin.
    I will be trying the Community Edition over the Christmas break, as I'm way out of the Delphi maintenance window for my good old XE1!
    I don't think running Delphi itself as admin is a good idea.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.