Can't Preview any report

edited 11:52PM in FastReport VCL 5
I have Rad Studio XE7 and I'm using C++ Builder (not Delphi). I have a few projects written in XE7 and they work perfectly with FR5 VCL, so I know it's installed and working.

I converted a project from an old version of C++ Builder to XE7, and I can't get any of my reports to print / preview.

I even tried making a simple report that just has a report title with just text, no databases, no variables, just one TfrxMemoView.

frxReport1->Clear();
frxReport1->LoadFromFile("p:\\rad\\crash.fr3", True);
frxReport1->PrepareReport(True);
frxReport1->ShowPreparedReport();

When I run this code it crashes, I get an access violation, read of address 0x00000000.

Not sure what could be wrong, was hoping somebody could give me a suggestion.

Thanks!

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 11:52PM
    Is p:\rad\crash.fr3 correct path?
  • edited April 2015
    If I set "Link with runtime packages" to false, it works fine. I think there is a bug in FastReports 5 VCL. I already installed the new April 17th upgrade.
  • edited 11:52PM
    Only version 5.3 is listed in my download area, why no older version?
  • gpigpi
    edited 11:52PM
    Old versions doesn't stored
    wrote:
    If I set "Link with runtime packages" to false, it works fine. I think there is a bug in FastReports 5 VCL
    This is not FR bug, add FR's packages in the run-time packages list
  • edited 11:52PM
    gpi wrote: »
    Old versions doesn't stored
    gpi wrote: »
    If I set "Link with runtime packages" to false, it works fine. I think there is a bug in FastReports 5 VCL
    This is not FR bug, add FR's packages in the run-time packages list

Hi everybody!
    I get now the same problem, is there a solution in the meantime? btw. all required FR's packages are in the run-time packages list.

Thanks, Pit

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.