How to connect MySQL 4.1 with fast?

Hi everyone,
I was trying to use one of the database connections available to connect with a MySQL 4.1 database but none of them worked to me. IBX looks like work only with Firebird, ADO is requiring ODBC and DBX never connect.

Using ADO is not good option for me because install ODBC in every single client is almost impossible (+ 300). If is there any chance to use ADO without ODBC, I don't know how

With DBExpress I tried almost everything found on google but nothing work. Probably is missing a dll compatible with MySQL 4.1.

If someone knows how to do it and could help me, I'll be really greatful.

Fast Report version 5.3.16

Thanks

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 3:16AM
    Try to use FR for MyDAC (included in the MyDAC)
  • edited 3:16AM
    gpi wrote: »
    Try to use FR for MyDAC (included in the MyDAC)

Thanks for the answer.

You mean changing Fast Report version and getting a new one with MyDac included?

I'd like an option without change FR version cause my project has about 300 reports with different configuration on them from each other. Changing FR version could bring some issues that I have no chance to test everything again.

I only wish to know how to set MySQL 4.1 with this FR version I have, if it is possible. I'll use it only on few reports. If this is possible and someone know how, I'll be very very greatful.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.