Two pages report template problem

edited 9:24AM in FastReport .NET
Hi,

I created a template with two pages in it (Page 1 and Page 2). And what I want it to be printed is like (Page 1, Page 2),(Page 1, Page 2), (Page 1, Page 2)..., but unfortunately, what it turned out is (Page1, Page1, Page1....), (Page 2, Page 2, Page 2....).
Is that possible I can get this kind of printing result with 2-pages template?

Thanks.

Comments

• edited 9:24AM
    Hello,

It's how FastReport works:
    http://www.fast-report.com/documentation/U...reportpages.htm
    You may generate a report several times to get Page1,Page2,Page1,Page2 order:

report.Prepare();
    report.Prepare(true);
    report.Prepare(true);
    report.ShowPrepared();
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    Hello,

It's how FastReport works:
    http://www.fast-report.com/documentation/U...reportpages.htm
    You may generate a report several times to get Page1,Page2,Page1,Page2 order:

report.Prepare();
    report.Prepare(true);
    report.Prepare(true);
    report.ShowPrepared();

Thx.

So if I want to create a report with 10 records, I have to split them into 10 datasources, then register and prepare them separately, like:

report.RegisterData();
    report.Prepare();
    report.RegisterData();
    reprot.Prepare(true);
    report.RegisterData();
    reprot.Prepare(true);
    report.ShowPrepared();

Is that right?

Regards.
    You may redesign your report to use one page template.
    All, apologies for bringing up an old thread, but I have a similar problem.

I'm working on an invoice report, and one of the requirements is that, on the back of every page (through duplex printing) there needs to be some legal information.

I have the main invoice report working great, but I can't find a way to get a blank/dummy page (whilst I wait for the exact legal text) to be inserted between the report pages.

What I want to end up with is ReportPage1, LegalPage, ReportPage2, LegalPage, ReportPage3, LegalPage.......ReportPagen, LegalPage

Is there any way of achieving that?
  • edited May 2015
    Above you state that FR's default behavior SHOULD be to collate pages so you get page 1, then 2, then 3 for the first letter, then the page 1, then 2, then 3 for the next letter, and so on. You even link us to your user guide, which I have read.

HOWEVER, despite what you say and what your manual shows, collation does not work properly with letters! It has not worked in all the 10 years I have used various versions of FR and it is quite maddening.

If you have a report that only prints each page one time, it works as you describe in your guide. Where it breaks is in a batch of letters. If you have 5 letters, and you want to send a 2-page letter, FR prints all the page 1s first, then all the page 2s. It does not matter how I configure printer settings, if I select a 2-pass report, if I tell page 2 to print as the 'back page', etc. I have not found any way to make this very simple task function properly and I have wasted a lot of time trying.

Right now I have to work around the problem by pasting everything into one long page and then hope it goes to the next page in the right place. That isn't a good solution though, and users will never be able to figure out how to format in that way. It also just looks unprofessional that something every site needs to do on a daily basis can only be accomplished with a workaround like this.

I tried to attach a Word document with screenshots of how my bad 2-page form looks compared to my workaround 1-page form. I also tried to attach my bad form and my workaround form. However, both attempts to attach files resulted in 'Upload failed. Please ask the administrator to check the settings and permissions."

I would very much appreciate an answer to this, and it sounds like other people would too.

Thanks
    Just spent hours trying to accomplish the same with no success. As noted by others it would be nice to get a fix to this very much needed real world problem.

Creating a mail merge letter and need the mailing address on the back, can't be accomplished selecting backpage or any other options in FastReport.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.