6.1.11 - Issue

edited August 2018 in FastReport VCL
Hi

With the 6.1.11 when you addidionally have the source path \FastReport 6 VCL Enterprise\Source in your delphi library,
then a error will accure when you put a TfrxADOComponents onto Form and try to compile.
[dcc32 Fataler Fehler] frxDBSet.pas(626): F2051 Unit frxADOComponents wurde mit einer unterschiedlichen Version von frxDBSet.TfrxDBDataset.GetDisplayText compiliert
With the old 6.1.3 there is no such problem.
Is there any turnaround? I want to include the source path for some debugging reasons.

best regards

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 12:39AM
    Run recompile.exe and recompile all FR's packages
  • edited August 2018
    The recompiling does not help.

For simulating
    - add the Fastreport \source path to your delphi search pathes
    - make new delphi projekt and put a TfrxADOComponents onto Form
    - try to compile or run the projekt

P.S: same issue with the current 6.1.12
  • gpigpi
    wrote:
    - add the Fastreport \source path to your delphi search pathes
    Remove Fastreport \source path from IDE, add path to FR's LibDXX folder only, run recompile.exe and recompile all packages
  • edited August 2018
    Of course this is my current turnaround [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> ...but as you can read from my first post I need the source path for some debugging reasons. I just want to inform you for the incompatible part in your sources. Maybe the correction can include in one of your next releases. Best regards[/img]
  • gpigpi
    You may debug FR's sources in the LibDXX folder after recompile all packages too
  • edited August 2018
    hmm...

In my setting lot of the classes pas files like frxClass or frxPreview are not included in the LibDXX folder. This is why I added the source path.
    Because It is very comfortable to click with STRG+Mouse on a FastReport Class like frxClass to jump into and do some study.
    Or more important by debugging press F7 on a FastReport Method like eg the PrepareReport to step into that Method and go ahead debugging.

...do I miss smth in my setting?
  • edited 12:39AM
    OK the simple solution is just to add the source\ADO path too. Now it works and compile without Errors [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> sorry for bother. Thank you for your help[/img]
  • gpigpi
    leoni wrote: »
    hmm...

In my setting lot of the classes pas files like frxClass or frxPreview are not included in the LibDXX folder. This is why I added the source path.
    Because It is very comfortable to click with STRG+Mouse on a FastReport Class like frxClass to jump into and do some study.
    Or more important by debugging press F7 on a FastReport Method like eg the PrepareReport to step into that Method and go ahead debugging.

...do I miss smth in my setting?
    All FR's sources will be copied to LibDXX folder after recompiling all packages by recompile.exe
  • edited August 2018
    Sorry I didn't noticed that there is an extra option in the recompile.exe to recompile all packages. I thought the intend of that tool was allways to compile all packages.
    You're right after selected that extra option, I now have all pas files in the LibDXX folder. Sorry for confusion and THX for patience with me.
    best regards

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.