Fastreport 5.6.12 Inheritance

edited August 2018 in FastReport VCL 5
Hello!

I have Fastreport 5.6.12 installed here on Delphi 2010 and Delphi Tokyo. I know the inheritance works fine with visual components. If I write a code in "onbeforeprint" event in any component, will the inheritance work fine? I have made a pattern and write a code in "onbeforeprint" event, the "children" reports inherited this code, but the code didn't appeared there.

I have this doubt about this, its worked fine, but will it ever worked fine?

Best regards.
Junior

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited August 2018
    G'day Junior.

We have a lot of reports in our major app which use both types of inheritance: Vcl Form containing frxReport component instance, and supporting components and code; and FR3 inheritance preserving look-and-feel etc.

It takes a bit of work to set up, but the results are worthwhile. We have a mixture of text and chart reports, and landscape / portrait layouts.

One trick we have used is to break up the events (BeginDoc, Before printing etc) into generic functions / procs and make these virtual in the template form, and override as necessary in the descendants.

We don't use Script much, but rely on Delphi for the heavy-lifting.

Cheers, Paul

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.