GroupHeader by Expression?

edited June 2018 in FastReport VCL
Using VCL 6

I've never used Expressions yet in GroupHeaders.

I have an issue where I have to hit up a stored procedure. ( fyi, I have ZERO control of the data end of things in this project )

I have to search an inventory by a number of possible things. That part is easy, done 100 times now.

Issue here is, I get all the data I needed, but I need to kind of break it all up in the report. Which is where group headers I was hoping would work out.

In this case, the first section. If any of these items in inventory results that are marked as being on a work order, I need to show them group all together as one.

So if 10 parts out of 100 are on a workorder, I would like to have 1 group header to represent the 10 parts. If I do it by data field, WO, it makes multiple groups, for each workorder #, and then
a group for the rest of the parts with a null WO field value.

Also it MAY get to a point, i have to group by more than one field ?

Is this doable? is Either of this doable?

I tried looking at the online help section, but couldn't seem to find exactly what I was needing, so sorry in advanced if i somehow glossed over the details on this one.

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 6:25AM
    wrote:
    Also it MAY get to a point, i have to group by more than one field ?

Is this doable? is Either of this doable?
    Try
    VarToStr(<YourDatasetName."YourFieldName1">) + VarToStr(<YourDatasetName."YourFieldName2">)
    expression

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.