WMF image showing correctly in preview but pixelated in PDF

edited 7:55AM in FastReport VCL 5
Hi,

I have a report that print a large WMF image. The image is shown correctly in the preview window, but it becomes very pixelated when generating a PDF (only when using WMF image with very small dimension). It seems the PDF generator convert the WMF to another format using the WMF original dimension and then stretch it to the desired size in the new format... which produce a very pixelated result.

Is there a work around that doesn't force me to alter the image file ?

I have attached an example of a WMF file (zipped because the forum wouldn't let me upload a WMF file) with small dimension to this post. To reproduce my bug, put the image in a report and export it to PDF.

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited 7:55AM
    G'day Pat,

I fear this may be one of those issues solvable only by upgrading to v6.x.

The PDF engine has been significantly reworked in the FR V6 package.

Are you able to avoid this problem by converting the WMF yourself. Do you get the same degradation wth EMF images?

Cheers, Paul
  • edited 7:55AM
    At the moment I am avoiding the problem by using a JPG made from the WMF using an image manipulation software. It is inconveniant, but it works. Good to know that FR V6 has reworked the code.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.