How to unlock groups

edited 11:15AM in FastReport VCL 5
This is probably super simple. How do I unlock a grouping? The header and footer of our reports all have this lock symbol and these areas are almost un-editable. I managed to get a data field stuck in a footer and I can't get it out!

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited 11:15AM
    G'day Galin,

Sounds to me like the report you are looking at has elements inherited from another report.

I don't have access to FastReport Editor right now, so from memory, there is an option in the Editor's menu / toolbar to set the options for your report. One of these turns on / off inheritance.

Worth an experiment? But make sure you have backups to revert to if there are undesirable results!

We do use a lot of inheritance in our reports (for common look-and-feel etc.)
    and it does take some effort to get it working predictably...

Cheers, Paul

PS Actually, there is a safer way to check this. Open the myreport.FR3 file with a text editor and look for the word "inherited" in multiple places.
  • edited 11:15AM
    Polomint wrote: »
    G'day Galin,

Sounds to me like the report you are looking at has elements inherited from another report.

I don't have access to FastReport Editor right now, so from memory, there is an option in the Editor's menu / toolbar to set the options for your report. One of these turns on / off inheritance.

Worth an experiment? But make sure you have backups to revert to if there are undesirable results!

We do use a lot of inheritance in our reports (for common look-and-feel etc.)
    and it does take some effort to get it working predictably...

Cheers, Paul

PS Actually, there is a safer way to check this. Open the myreport.FR3 file with a text editor and look for the word "inherited" in multiple places.

Thanks Paul. I opened it with the text editor, found the inherited file and was able to open and manipulate that. The weird thing is that on my report I had accidentally gotten a text box stuck in the footer (inherited) and can't get it out. It's not on the file that is being inherited. Back to the drawing board...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.