Linker error on FS24.LIB

Hi,

I've a VCL application that runs on C++ Builder 10.1 (Berlin) and uses FastReports. Now I'm upgrading to C++ Builder 10.2 Update 3 (Tokyo) but after the compilation process it fails with the following linker error message:

[ilink32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'System::Variants::__linkproc__ __fastcall VarToLStr(System::AnsiStringT<65535>&, TVarData&)' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\FASTREPORTS\BERLIN\VCL\LIBD24\FS24.LIB|fs_itools

After I installed the C++ Builder 10.2 Update 3 I also installed FastReport VCL for C++Builder 10.2 Tokyo.

When I compile my application for the first time with Tokyo it ask for some FastReports 24 Lib files (why not the 25 version for Tokyo version?), so I locate them and the compiling process ends well, but the link process fails showing the commented error message.

What I'm doing wrong on the upgrade process involving FastReports (24 to 25 files version)?
Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Patricio Cerda

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited April 2018
    G'day Patricio,

This may be a dumb question, but when you did your "upgrade" did you manually delete the old FastReport files / folders before installing the new?

The FastReport Installer is not good at cleaning out legacy stuff.

Oh and are you relying on the bundled FastReport that comes with RAD Studio, or do you have a purchased licence?
    (Standard, Pro, or Enterprise.)

That said, we have a couple of machines with multiple versions of RAD Studio (XE7, Seattle, and Tokyo) happily working with FRv5.6.13 Pro and FCv2.7.1 Pro. But only because we don't rely on the Installers to delete old version.

Cheers, Paul
  • edited 12:14PM
    Thanks Paul for your help,

I have the bundled FastReport that comes with RAD Studio.

As you recommended, I did a complete uninstallation and then proceeded to install the FR5 again.
    Now, when I try to compile my application the Embarcadero C++ Builder Tokyo (10.2 Update 3) is asking for those files that now aren't installed:
    frxe24.lib
    fsDB24.lib
    frxDB24.lib
    fs24.lib
    frx24.lib
    I found similar files but for the 25 version instead.
    If I selected those files then the compiler process shows the following obvious error message: Unable to open file 'FRXE24.LIB'.

What must I do to make my application compatible with the new FastReport 25 version running on C++ Builder Tokyo?

Best regards,
    Patricio Cerda
  • gpigpi
    edited 12:14PM
    wrote:
    What must I do to make my application compatible with the new FastReport 25 version running on C++ Builder Tokyo?
    Try to remove references to old packages from your project settings

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.