Desktop position of ReportDesigner windows

edited 2:05AM in FastReport VCL 5
Hello,

How is the position of the reportdesigner on the desktop determined? If I leave it on a 2nd monitor but then open it with the monitor of I need to have it on the primary monitor again.
But it remains on the invisible monitor.

Can you control the position with Left and Top properties somehow?

regards, Wilfried

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 2:05AM
    See HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fast Reports\Form5.TfrxDesignerForm
  • edited November 2017
    gpi wrote: »
    See HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fast Reports\Form5.TfrxDesignerForm

I just got back to this issue.
    Ok, so you store positions in the registry. Is there not some way to control this storing or avoid the reading of the position somehow?
    What I mean is I would prefer not to control it by writing to the registry. That seems a bit odd to me. There should be a way to do it from the code (a method of TfrxDesigner for example).

I guess it should, given the fact more an more multiple monitors are used, then after switching monitors, the app should use something like TForm's MakeFullyVisible method.....

Any ideas?
    Something in FR 6.0?

regards, Wilfried
  • edited 2:05AM
    Nice information you share with us. Are you unaware that how to take the screenshot on the pc? Just a simple way how to screenshot on pc or visit http://teachmehowto.co/ will solve your issues.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.