tfrxpictureView picture orientation

Hi,

I'm having a .jpg picture that I want in my report (I uploaded the picture to this topic - 20180216_131425). When I add it to tfrxpictureView the picture rotates for 90?°. Picture orientation get lost. I also uploaded picture that shows wrong orientation of the picture. 20180216_131426.

I dont find any property on the object where I could manage such thing. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Best regards.[/img]

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 9:25AM
    Load your image to MS Paint, save and use saved jpg
  • edited 9:25AM
    gpi wrote: »

Is there any other option?
    Hello,

Its almost the same option but if you dont want to loose quality cause of saving jpeg you can also :

If the picture is fix open picture in Paint (you can use any other picture edit software) selection > select all > copy then in Pictureview press paste button.

Regards,
    boakoms.
    skafy wrote: »
    skafy wrote: »

boakoms wrote: »
    Hello,

Its almost the same option but if you dont want to loose quality cause of saving jpeg you can also :

If the picture is fix open picture in Paint (you can use any other picture edit software) selection > select all > copy then in Pictureview press paste button.

Regards,
    boakoms.

Hi,

Well, the problem is that I don't save those picture. Users saves them in program I made (delphi). So I only save what they throw at me. Then I have to create report with given data and images.

Best regards!
  • LurkingKiwiLurkingKiwi Wellington, New Zealand
    edited March 2018
    I think your problem is that the image in the file actually IS the way FR is showing it, as you will see if you look at the thumbnail in the forum.
    It says the image is 4160*3120.
    The camera which took the picture, however, knew it was being held vertically, but still produced a landscape image and put a rotation value in the embedded EXIF data.
    Viewers which parse the EXIF data rotate the image to display it, like most image manipulation tools; simplistic ones just display the image as it is in the file.
    There are Delphi units for reading EXIF; you could pre-process the files extracting any EXIF and use that information to rotate the images in Delphi before they are delivered to FR.
    There doesn't seem to be a rotation field for TfrxPictureView; it would be nice if it used a viewer which handles EXIF.
    Edit 2018-03-06:
    I use Graphics32 for image work at home, but it does not support EXIF. I use CCR EXIF to get the attributes.
    There's a method using gdipapi as an answer in
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4161975...tating-my-image
    but you need to use a user data source or similar to feed the fixed-up image to FR
  • PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited 9:25AM
    +1 😊

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.