Repeat a group header when split over X pages?

Got myself into a pickle here. Latest VCL 5 build and Tokyo.

I have two group headers. First group by a DATE, then a group under that by NAME.

For most part report runs right, but only complaint is when data prints to 2nd page if long enough
the header doesn't repeat.

ReprintOnNewPage = TRUE

report1_zpszzeyblrc.png

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited 10:11AM
    In the Report definition, what are the property values for
    - KeepChild
    - KeepFooter
    - KeepHeader
    - KeepTogether

on the GroupHeader(s) and MasterData bands?

I must admit I struggle with this and have had reports with orphaned (or do I mean widowed) subheadings when there is more than one Group.

Often need to resort to checking code in the Header's BeforePrint event like
      if PrintBand then
        with Report.Engine do begin
          if FreeSpace <= GroupHeader.Height + DetailBand.Height then
            NewPage;
        end;

Cheers, Paul
  • edited 10:11AM
    Polomint wrote: »
    In the Report definition, what are the property values for
    - KeepChild
    - KeepFooter
    - KeepHeader
    - KeepTogether

on the GroupHeader(s) and MasterData bands?

I must admit I struggle with this and have had reports with orphaned (or do I mean widowed) subheadings when there is more than one Group.

Often need to resort to checking code in the Header's BeforePrint event like
      if PrintBand then
        with Report.Engine do begin
          if FreeSpace <= GroupHeader.Height + DetailBand.Height then
            NewPage;
        end;

Cheers, Paul

at this moment all set to TRUE .... i tried different combos of flipping things on and off, trying to get something to trigger and in the end probably making myself more head aches

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.