[dcc32 Fatal Error] fs_iformsrtti.pas(440): F2063 Could not compile used unit 'frxrcClass.pas&#3

Hello,
Can you help me.

I use DelphiX7 with Fastreport 5 and get the following error

[dcc32 Fatal Error] fs_iformsrtti.pas(440): F2063 Could not compile used unit 'frxrcClass.pas'

I have reinstalled Delphi Upd 1 and I still get this message

It strikes me when I component it on the form placed that nothing is placed in the uses?

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 6:33PM
    Try to set full permissions for all users for FR's LibD21 folder
  • PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited 6:33PM
    GlassEye wrote: »

[dcc32 Fatal Error] fs_iformsrtti.pas(440): F2063 Could not compile used unit 'frxrcClass.pas'
    Forgive what may be dumb questions, but
    - which version of FR5 are you using (Standard, Pro, Enterprise)?
    - have you only recently installed FR or Delphi?
    - is the compilation message related to your App?
    - if so, has your App compiled successfully in the past?
    - have any Apps using FR compiled successfully?

Observation: when a similar problem emerged in one of our developnent environments, it turned out that the particular RAD Studio installation wasn't set up correctly for FR, and the Library Paths (under Tools | Options) were pointing to the wrong folders.
    It strikes me when I component it on the form placed that nothing is placed in the uses?
    That is really curious. Just to check: is this after you've saved the file and compiled it? The creation of the entry in the "uses" section typically happens when you save the relevant file...
    We've had this conversation before GPI! It is really not good practice to take ownership of the folders under "\Program Files" (or "\Program Files (x86)"). If this is the only way to solve access problems for FastReport installations, the FR team should consider moving the "source" to "\Users\All Users" or similar.

I, for one, like the fact that the FR code has a degree of protection from "collateral damage" (or malice)! I'll resist (until the bitter end) taking ownership of any of the FR folders... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> Cheers, Paul[/img]
  • edited 6:33PM
    Polomint wrote: »

Observation: when a similar problem emerged in one of our developnent environments, it turned out that the particular RAD Studio installation wasn't set up correctly for FR, and the Library Paths (under Tools | Options) were pointing to the wrong folders.
    That is really curious. Just to check: is this after you've saved the file and compiled it? The creation of the entry in the "uses" section typically happens when you save the relevant file...
    We've had this conversation before GPI! It is really not good practice to take ownership of the folders under "\Program Files" (or "\Program Files (x86)"). If this is the only way to solve access problems for FastReport installations, the FR team should consider moving the "source" to "\Users\All Users" or similar.

I, for one, like the fact that the FR code has a degree of protection from "collateral damage" (or malice)! I'll resist (until the bitter end) taking ownership of any of the FR folders... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> Cheers, Paul[/img]
  • edited 6:33PM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.