Required image size on TfrxPictureView

edited 10:12PM in FastReport 4.0
Hello,
I'm evaluating FastReport. In the forum I had found a way to print images with the OnBeforePrint event, that works good.

But which size for the image is required? I can deliver multiple sizes, e.g a thumb (100x100), a preview (400x400) or the full image (3000x2000) for example... Using the last one is not the best way, because if the report contains 100 images the memory usage is very high....

The second problem is, how can I determine which print mode is currently running? For the preview I think the preview image is good, but for a printer I need a higher resolution to get best results... The OnBeforePrint event is called twice, and the IsPrinting property is always false :-(

Can you give me an example how to calculate the best size for the image?

Regards, Kai Brendel

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.