Designer : OLEDB not registered on current machine

DomiDomi Belgium
edited 6:27PM in FastReport .NET
Hi,

we are trying FastReport before buying and I get the following error when trying to connect to a MS Access database using Jet.OLEDB.4.0 in Dsigner.exe :

Comments

• edited 6:27PM
    32bit
    string connectionString = "PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=order.mdb";

64bit (runtime: access 2010)
    string connectionString = "PROVIDER=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=order.mdb";
  • DomiDomi Belgium
    edited November 2017
    If you see the message, I use Jet.OLEDB.4.0 which works fine on the *same* PC in my current Visual Studio C# application therefore, I don't know why it's not
    working in the Designer.exe

ipong wrote: »
    32bit
    string connectionString = "PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=order.mdb";

64bit (runtime: access 2010)
    string connectionString = "PROVIDER=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=order.mdb";
  • edited 6:27PM
    Domi wrote: »
    If you see the message, I use Jet.OLEDB.4.0 which works fine on the *same* PC in my current Visual Studio C# application therefore, I don't know why it's not

i bet you compiled c# app with 'prefer 32bit' option, designer.exe is compiled with 'any CPU' option.

to force anyCPU to 32bit execution, https://helpers.codeplex.com/
  • DomiDomi Belgium
    edited November 2017
    Hi ipong,

you bet fine [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I always compiled my apps in x86 to avoid such problem. It could be fine to have Designer.exe in x86 too; it's a bit hard, for an end-user point of view, to launch a .bat which runs the Designer app thru the RunAsx86, it's heavy ... BTW: your trick runs fine and have solved my problem, so many thanks for your great help and for this link[/img][img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> Sincerly, Domi.[/img]

i bet you compiled c# app with 'prefer 32bit' option, designer.exe is compiled with 'any CPU' option.

to force anyCPU to 32bit execution, https://helpers.codeplex.com/

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.