Setting Master-Detail relationship from designer

How do I set a master/detail relationship from inside the designer?

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 12:45PM
    Set Master property for detail query, use param names in the detail query as field names in the master dataset
  • edited 12:45PM
    Where? On the Data tab? A short example would be great.
    gpi wrote: »
    Set Master property for detail query, use param names in the detail query as field names in the master dataset
    Actually, I'm trying to do this from the Code tab, with something like this:
    begin
        GetDataSet('Product').MasterSource:=GetDataSet('Typ_prod').DataSet;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
    end.

But that doesn't work.
  • gpigpi
    See a sample for FRDemo in the attach
    But we're using dBase tables with TTable, not ADO.
    See a sample for FRDemo in the attach
  • gpigpi
    See a sample for FRDemo in the attach (TfrxBDETable have same behavior like TfrxADOTable)
    This is the same demo, with TfrxADOTable.
    See a sample for FRDemo in the attach (TfrxBDETable have same behavior like TfrxADOTable)
  • gpigpi
    There are no any differences between TfrxADOTable and TfrxBDETable usage
    I'd like to be able to use the designer to establish a master-detail relationship between a pair of TfrxBDETables. A TfrxADOTable can easily be dropped on the TfrxDesigner.CodePanel by using the palette. But TfrxBDETable is not available to be dropped. Can I get CodePanel to take a TfrxBDETable via code?
    Sorry, I meant I'm trying to add a TfrxBDETable to the DataTree. Something like "myBDETable.Parent:=TfrxDesignerForm(frxReport1.Designer).DataTree.DataPn;".
    Dave F wrote: »
    I'd like to be able to use the designer to establish a master-detail relationship between a pair of TfrxBDETables. A TfrxADOTable can easily be dropped on the TfrxDesigner.CodePanel by using the palette. But TfrxBDETable is not available to be dropped. Can I get CodePanel to take a TfrxBDETable via code?
    Ok, this is a bit weird. Don't know why I didn't notice this before. The reason I've been asking about this is because I don't see the frxBDE components on the palette for me to add. Please check the attached screenshot named "NoBDE.png".

Sorry, I meant I'm trying to add a TfrxBDETable to the DataTree. Something like "myBDETable.Parent:=TfrxDesignerForm(frxReport1.Designer).DataTree.DataPn;".
  • gpigpi
    Add TfrxBDEComponents to your project

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.