Report with Dual lists side-by-side

Hello All,

I am using Delphi Tokyo Update 2 pn Win 10 with FastReports Version 5.6.

I need to create a report where pages have two lists side-by-side. Each list comes from a different data-source both being ClientDataSets.

The lists are not linked by any factor other than each sequential record from the datasets must be displayed side-by-side so that
dataset 1 - line 1 matches to dataset 2 line 1 across the page and
dataset 1 - line 2 matches to dataset 2 line 2 across the page and
dataset 1 - line 3 matches to dataset 2 line 3 across the page and so on
I have tried several approaches on this problem but have not achieved my target result.
I would be grateful for any constructive advice.

regards

SeaCay

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 12:58PM
    Try to use subreports, see FRDemo "Side-by-side subreports" sample
  • edited 12:58PM
    gpi wrote: »
    Try to use subreports, see FRDemo "Side-by-side subreports" sample
    Hello gpi,

Thanks for your suggestion, after much chopping around, I have the report 85% the way I need it.
    It has been many years since I last reviewed FRDemo, perhaps I should look there more often.
    Again, my thanks,

regards

SeaCay

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.