ASP.net Web report not displaying report

I am currently reviewing the functionality of the demo within my companies code base and have ran up against an issue in that I have a report that I save to a database as a binary stream

I can reload this within the normal report viewer without any problems but it just comes up blank when I try to load it in the web report I've tried a few things but no differences.

The demos all use reportfile property which of course I don't want to use?

Comments

• edited 1:22PM
    MVC or webforms? have you set fastreport module in web.config
    webforms

<handlers>
    <add name="FastReportHandler" path="FastReport.Export.axd" verb="*" type="FastReport.Web.Handlers.WebExport" />
    </handlers>

I can see the diagnostic info if I load up the axd page .

I can see the toolbar etc and I can see it attempting to load it just doesn't display anything , sql connection is embedded in the frx file.
    probably database connection problem, try to catch data from database in report event, can you fetch the data?
    protected void WebReport1_StartReport(object sender, EventArgs e)
            {
                // fetch data from database
            }

• edited October 2017
    Got it working had copied from the demo and the report resource string was set which seems to have been the problem.

Cheers!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.