Version 5.6.4 fails to install

FAlvaradoFAlvarado US/Mexico
edited 11:51PM in FastReport VCL 5
After installing version FR Pro 5.6.4 in D10, 10.1 and 10.2.1 I receive a AV in module rtl250.bpl when opening any project with a frxpreview component in it.
Other projects without this component do not fail.
I downgrade to the previous version waiting for a fix
Best Regards
Francisco Alvarado

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited September 2017
    This worked OK for us Francisco.

When you "upgraded" did you uninstall your previous FR v5.x.x and then delete the "residual files" (before installing v5.6.4)?

Sadly you can't rely on the Installer as it is currently configured to just patch an existing installation.

Request to improve Installation in FR v6
  • FAlvaradoFAlvarado US/Mexico
    edited 11:51PM
    Polomint wrote: »
    This worked OK for us Francisco.

When you "upgraded" did you uninstall your previous FR v5.x.x and then delete the "residual files" (before installing v5.6.4)?

Sadly you can't rely on the Installer as it is currently configured to just patch an existing installation.

Request to improve Installation in FR v6

Hi:
    I did all that cleanup, I install every new version in that way and did the same when downgrading to the previous version that worked fine.
    I'll download the new version again and install it again.
    Thank you
    Francisco Alvarado

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.