Rich text renders as bitmap on PDF export

I have a report with a rich text object. When I print, the rich text is sharp but when I use ExportPDF, the rich text is rendered as a bitmap. Is there a way to turn this off?

Thanks!

Comments

• edited 4:07AM
    set text quality to anti alias
    Thank you for your response ipong. I tried your suggestion, but I could not see any difference in the Rich Text display. Setting "PrintOptimized" rendered the text at a higher resolution and it looked much better. When I print the same report, the text is not a bitmap, but when I export it is a bitmap. What I was hoping for is a way to not have it render as a bitmap at all. Is this possible?

Thanks!
    SPCGeoDan wrote: »
    I have a report with a rich text object. When I print, the rich text is sharp but when I use ExportPDF, the rich text is rendered as a bitmap. Is there a way to turn this off?

Thanks!

I have the same problem. My text PDFs are being generated with 15Mb instead of 50Kb.

According to the manual is a limitation when using the RTF object.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.