Create report from code (everything from scratch inluding datasets)

gmbgmb
edited 5:28PM in FastReport 4.0
Hi
I'm an absolute newby to fastreports so please excuse questions with obvious answers. Currently using version 4 , but may upgrade if we see that this is a usable solution.

My requirement is to generate reports at runtime. Layout, data, etc should all be interchangeable in a production environment and completely customizable.
My idea was to store layout (fr3 xml), sql in DB and load these at runtime. Initial tests were working well, but this was because I was working with an existing layout as defined using the designer.
Next step was to create everything from code (see documentation), but here I'm having trouble. Once datasets are added at runtime, I'm getting errors like "Error in expression ... Identifier expected". Seems I'm running into the same problem as reported in this post where the PropData value in the fr3 file conflicts with links on TfrxMemoView (?).

Can anybody give indication on how to intepret PropData values?
Or give some advice, point me to some documentation about how this is accomplished ?

I'll appreciate any help

Regards
gmb

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 5:28PM
    wrote:
    Once datasets are added at runtime, I'm getting errors like "Error in expression ... Identifier expected".
    Create dataset first and then create report template

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.