Force info to be grouped together on the same page

edited July 2017 in FastReport 4.0
Hi,

I have a fair amount of information that appears in the ReportSummary band of my report. In fact there will finally be 3 short tables of information, each with their own "header" inside the report summary. By header I mean nothing more complex than some text (memo fields) on a green background. My problem is that, if the rest of the report is a bit on the long side, the report summary ends up spilling over onto the second or third page half way through one of the tables. I did consider adding an additional ReportSummary band (if that is possible) however it doesn't seem logical to have more than one report summary band. Ideally I should be able to either group all the objects (memo fields, lines etc.) for each table together, and then fix it such that they are never printed spanning two pages. Either that, or have some sort of demarcation line in the band that indicates where page breaks are acceptable (but not enforced if there is enough space on a page for the full table to be printed).

So basically my question is how do I keep each table in the report summary band together and in one piece and not span over two pages? Instead, if there is not enough space on page 1 (for example) then a given group of objects should all be printed together on page 2.

Ideally there will not be a page break between my Master data band and the report summary band, as there will be times when 1 page will suffice for all information. In the master data band I did find a "Keep group together" option, and this works perfectly for this band when multiple "bands" are printed. The report summary unfortunately has no such option, though this tends to make sense as it does not print in multiples like the master data band.

Thanks for your assistance.

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 10:04PM
    Try to use TfrxFooter band instead of TfrxReportSummary. Set TfrxMasterData.KeepFooter to True
  • edited 10:04PM
    gpi wrote: »
    Try to use TfrxFooter band instead of TfrxReportSummary. Set TfrxMasterData.KeepFooter to True

hmmm, not really an option as our reports already have a (predefined) footer, and in addition I would think that a footer by definition would print on every page, whereas I want the report summary at the end of the report (and instantiated only once) even if the report is 3 pages long (for example).
  • gpigpi
    edited 10:04PM
    wrote:
    and in addition I would think that a footer by definition would print on every page,
    TfrxPageFooter prints on every page, but I tell about TfrxFooter band
  • edited 10:04PM
    and in addition I would think that a footer by definition would print on every page,
    TfrxPageFooter prints on every page, but I tell about TfrxFooter band

Thanks for the help. Ultimately I resolved the issue by making the band print on a new page, which means the information in that band never gets split over 2 pages. This works quite well even though it is less than ideal for short reports where the information could have fitted on a single page, but it's a small compromise.

I'll keep your idea in mind about using the TfrxFooter band for the next report. I'm relatively new to FastReports but keeping learning/finding new things with it. Thanks again.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.