Masterdata is not shown when related Detaildata is empty

edited June 2017 in FastReport 4.0
I have two external datasets. Masterdata is connected to Detaildata via an ID.

The report is working but all items of Masterdata that do not have a counterpart in Detaildata are not printed in the report.

First I wonder why I do not have to tell FR which is the unique ID that connects the two datasets. In this case it is not called 'ID' but 'EqID'.
Obviously FR can find the connecting field itself?

How can I make the Detaildata work like a SQL 'left outer join', i.e. allowing to show all records of Masterdata?

Using a child band is not an option as I need multi-columns, which are not available in a child band.

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 6:46PM
    wrote:
    First I wonder why I do not have to tell FR which is the unique ID that connects the two datasets. In this case it is not called 'ID' but 'EqID'.
    Obviously FR can find the connecting field itself?
    You should set Master-Detail link between datasets
    wrote:
    How can I make the Detaildata work like a SQL 'left outer join', i.e. allowing to show all records of Masterdata?
    MasterData1.PrintIfDetailEmpty = True
  • edited 6:46PM
    MasterData1.PrintIfDetailEmpty = True works, thank you.

How can I set a Master-Detail link between datasets?

• gpigpi
    edited 6:46PM
    wrote:
    How can I set a Master-Detail link between datasets?
    Google "Delphi master detail"

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.