Dynamically Name a TMemoView Object inside a For-Next loop

edited October 2016 in FastReport VCL 5
Hi All

How does one dynamically name a TMemoView Object inside a For-Next Loop

I don't mean using the
Memo->CreateUniqueName();
unless there is then a method to determine that Unique name, so as to beable to use it later?

Perhaps I actually need to assign a dynamic variable name to the Memo, rather than the Memo->Name, as I am wanting to assign an array to its Value, as one does for a normal manually named Memo Variable.

Thanks, advice appreciated.

Comments

• edited 4:40PM
    BarrySA wrote: »
    Hi All

How does one dynamically name a TMemoView Object inside a For-Next Loop

I don't mean using the
    Memo->CreateUniqueName();
    unless there is then a method to determine that Unique name, so as to beable to use it later?

Perhaps I actually need to assign a dynamic variable name to the Memo, rather than the Memo->Name, as I am wanting to assign an array to its Value, as one does for a normal manually named Memo Variable.

Thanks, advice appreciated.

I'm basically wanting name the Memo Oject, something like this

Memo->Text = "[TankName]";

So that I can later assign an array to that variable, like

if(CompareText(VarName,"TankName") == 0)
    Value = TankList[ArrayDS4->RecNo]->TankName;

both done inside a loop
    for (int i = 0; i < NoOfTanks; ++i)

• edited 4:40PM
    I'm Sorted on this thanks....via the gracious help of Support.

Closed.
  • gpigpi
    edited 4:40PM
    Try to use different var names in the TfrxMemoView. [TankNames0], [TankNames1], etc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.