Bug in grouping for non-complete columns...

Hi,
I have a report with a group header band and assigned groupfield with ForceNewPage on new groups. Note: The data band has four columns.

When there is a group change before ALL 4 columns are filled with data in the FIRST row of the page, the groupheader displays data from the next group instead of from the current group.

I experienced this on a report with group header name A. On the last page with group A data there were only two records, i.e. that only two of the four columns of the only row on that page were filled witth data. On that last group name A page, the group header displayed group name B instead of A. When I added two more group A records to get the first (and only) row to contain 4 columns, the group header correctly displayed groupname A.

To reproduce create a grouped report with columns and make sure that not all columns in the first row of a page is filled with data when the group changes. make sure you display the group field data in the group header to see the problem.

Thanks if you can provide a quick fix for this.

best regards

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited 10:19PM
    G'day - if you believe you have found a bug you should raise a Support Ticket - these pages are user forums and not the best path to get your issue addressed by the FR folk.

Go to https://support.fast-report.com/users/sign_in and use your Licence / Product Login (not necessarily the same as your Forum Login) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> You should provide copies of your example materials (saved FR3 files, screen-grab or PDF of report etc) to facilitate a response... Cheers, Paul[/img]
  • edited 10:19PM
    Polomint wrote: »
    G'day - if you believe you have found a bug you should raise a Support Ticket - these pages are user forums and not the best path to get your issue addressed by the FR folk.

Thanks for the tip, Paul.

Will do :-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.