Crystal Report --> Fast Report?

edited 10:10PM in FastReport Studio
Would it be possible to convert a Crystal Report to a Fast Report? We have A LOT of Crystal Reports and we might want to switch to Fast Reports, but we do not want to rebuild ALL our reports.

Comments

• edited 10:10PM
    Hi

No, you cant do that at the moment. There isnt any converter of crystal to Fastreports yet.
    Herberts,

You say there is not a Crystal Reports converter available 'yet'.

Does this mean that there are plans to produce one?

Alex
    Yes.
    Draeden wrote: »
    Yes.

Such a converter would convince me to buy Fast Reports in an instant.
    We have a LOT of Crystal Report - reports. And we are desperatly looking for a replacement.

Just let me know if you are interested in having "BETA TESTERS" for the converter.

Kind Regards
    Bimmer_R
    I would be very interested in this as well and would be willing to pay extra for such a module. I've actually thought about coding my own conversion routine, so if you even have the beginning of some kind of source code I'd be interested in that as well and would offer to try to help in any way possible.
    Has there been any update on this? My company has loads of Crystal reports that we need converted! I'm slowly doing this manually but its extremely tedious. Help me out here, FastReports. >
  • edited August 2011
    There is a plugin for FastReport .NET that converts Crystal reports. You can download it here in Extras.
  • jl7jl7
    edited 10:10PM
    Is there a converter for crystal reports to fr4 format (ie vcl / delphi not the .net format)? Or, can you convert to .frx then to .fr4? And can anyone vouch for quality of the converter to .frx? I have 4500 reports in crystal that I need to convert to fr4 format (and don't have the 2 yrs of estimated conv. time!)
    Can anyone answer this question?
    Is there a way to convert it to FastReport 4 format? Are .NET and FR4 formats are compatible?

That's a big issue for us too.

Thanks
    Yes, we are waiting for this as well - we have hundreds of customers that we would like to convert to FastReport VCL and can't go ahead without this; we would definitely be willing to spend more for such a tool and would even be willing to work with a tool that was not extremely compatible as long as it did most of the "basic" conversion e.g. level breaks, formatting, etc. i.e. even a "beta" kind of release with no official support from FastReport that was community maintained would be better than nothing. No user interface would be necessary, we're perfectly willing to write that part ourselves and in-fact would prefer to have the source code so that we could customize/extend any missed function based upon out customer's feedback (and would be willing to share any of those changes if the project was community-based/open source).
    I'm interested in a Crystal .RPT to VCL converter too.

Doesn't the following from the FastReport 5 VCL FAQ mean that it is already available?
    wrote:
    Question: Is there a convertor to the FastReport 5 VCL format from other popular report generators?

Answer:

Yes:
    from FastReport.Net
    from Microsoft Reporting Services
    from Crystal Reports (you need Crystal Reports installed)

and why aren't QuickReports, Rave Reports, and Report Builder included in that list, when they are included at the bottom of Comparison of FastReport VCL 5 Editions?
  • edited August 2016
    We would be very interested in a Crystal X to Fast Report converter. Are there any plans for this?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.