Upgrade 2.4 to 2.5 problems

I had FastReports 2.4 (Delphi 7) with Pragnaan's export filters. I even had the Sybase Asa engine modules compiled in. All was well. I am trying to upgrade to v2.5 and can't. I finally uninstalled all of the FastReports componants, Pragnaan, everything related and started fresh. I installed FR2.5 and Pragnaan 1.25 and all is well. Then I tried to install the FR dbengine addon for Sybase ASA and it complains that fr_reg.dcu not found. (Yes I am a registered owner of all of these pieces parts). I tried to install the Open Query builder and it complains that three files are already in FR and it won't compile. What am I missing here? I've never had this much trouble with an upgrade.

- Gary

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 4:32AM
    Hi
    IMHO
    there are a number of things to consider
    first powerpack was for 2.47 and not supported by fr directly but by authors of those components. see readme file for power pack.

next can't find a dcu file is usually a delphi library search path problem
    either new paths not entered or old ones left behind.

third prior versions of fr required oqb to be installed and the fr.inc file edited to use it with the old data manager. It is now incorporated with Fr2.51 and does not require the old oqb, nor the .inc file to be edited, as it is now available to the report dialog pages, and does not use the old datamanager.
    If you need to use both in an application look at the topics in the fr qbuilder forum.
    regards ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.