hide memo view or band if there is no data

edited 10:13AM in FastReport VCL 5
I have this report (attached) that have a some fields to print and a blob field to store text. The blob filed can have 7 lines of text or nothing so I need to not print any space if that blob field is empty. How I can do that ?

the memo name that I want to hide is "Memo16"

Comments

• edited 10:13AM
    any replay please
    bump
    Report. FindObject (' Memo16').Visible: = False;
    baloghi wrote: »
    Report. FindObject (' Memo16').Visible: = False;

Thanks baloghi
  • LurkingKiwiLurkingKiwi Wellington, New Zealand
    edited 10:13AM
    Maybe this is too obvious, but it seems the best way is an OnBeforePrint handler in the script for the MasterData band, something like

procedure xxBeforePrint(Sender: TfrxComponent);
    begin
    NorthSouthChild.Visible := <NorthSouth> <> '';
    end;

where NorthSouthChild is a child band, and (in this case) <NorthSouth> is a variable but it could be a field. This is real code but not tested with the scenario you describe.
    Thanks LurkingKiwi

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.