Actual position in report

edited 2:51AM in FastReport VCL 5
Hi,

I am having a table where users can write in a rich text column with different font sizes etc.
I would now like to know when the page break is coming and show this to the user.
Is there a chance to get this from the report while typing? Or has anybody perhaps an idea how to implement this functionality?

Best regards...

Mirko

Comments

• edited 2:51AM
    A report is a rendered product of many factors like bands and resizable elements. You like to show the user that the text he is using is at the end of the page but only for very restricted situations this can be done. If you read data into the report each page differs depending on the data read from an outside source.
    You could make your own richtext descendant and build the code into this but as I already said it will only work for a very restricted set of situations. The only way to know for sure is to render the report. A report isn't a word document, it is a set of instructions on how to print data, the instructions and the data combines will generate a report.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.