edited 7:03AM in FastReport VCL 5
Hello,
I would like to enter Barcode.Expression data that includes
(01) Device Identification
(17) Expiry Date
(10) Lot number
Can I do this in code ie:
Bardode2D1.Expression :='DeviceIdentificationLotNumberExpiryDate'
Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Comments

• edited 7:03AM
    terry wrote: »
    Hello,
    I would like to enter Barcode.Expression data that includes
    (01) Device Identification
    (17) Expiry Date
    (10) Lot number
    Can I do this in code ie:
    Bardode2D1.Expression :='DeviceIdentificationLotNumberExpiryDate'
    Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Hello,
    usually a Barcode is a translation of something else like Numbers and letters. Some types of Barcode can be alphanumeric, some don't. Depends on what purpose the Barcode has.
    So, if you have your Data translated into a Barcode, it can be read from the barcode again. Like I said, use a Type of Barcode that can translate (contain) all the literals you use.
    The Program at the opposite (reading) side has to "know" what is written in which way into the Barcode. If you want the Barcode to be read by someone, they have to know exactly what is coded into the code.
    A Bacrecode is a translation of alphanumeric Data into Bars.
    So you have to check with the "reader" about the Data he expects to read, or you just tell him how you did it.

Rolf

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.