Upgrade 5.5.0

edited 2:08AM in FastReport VCL 5
Hi,
after upgrading to version 5.5 from 5.4.3 (c++ builder 2009) in the report component the version is still 5.4.3

Thanks
Mirco

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 2:08AM
    Uninstall all instances of FR, remove all FR's files and folders (see system and hidden folders too), run FR's installer with "Run as administrator" option and install FR again
  • edited 2:08AM
    No way...
    I have uninstalled the component in ide, uninstalled from control panel and removed all frx files.
    In my system I have c++2009 and XE6.
    After reinstall i have noticed that in the system32 folder the frx12.bpl have a date of 10-12-2015 instead of frx20.bpl that have 27-4-2016 date

Thanks
    Mirco
  • gpigpi
    Run FR's installer with "Run as administrator" option
    Still the same also with "Run as administrator" option
    C++2009 has 5.4.3 but XE6 has 5.5.0
    Mirco
    Now i have installed a clean rad2009 on a new PC.
    After install 5.5.0 and create a new form to place a frxReport the version is 5.4.3
    Now is clear?

Mirco
  • PolomintPolomint Australia
    Sorry if this sounds dumb Mirco, or I am going over "old ground", but...

After installing RAD Studio and before installing FR5.5.0 did you "formally" uninstall the Embarcadero version of FR?

The FR installer has been a problem for many of us! (Do a search on the forums and look for "Installer" or "Installation" or "uninstal" to see the discussion of various issues.) It is a lot better that it used to be, but it's not perfect. My most recent frustration was with FastCube2.5.0.

To be 100% certain of success you need to uninstall with the Installer, and then manually find and remove all frx*.bpl and fs*.bpl files and clear the VirtualStore items too, before Installing FR Standard/Pro/Enterprise. You may find a freeware program like IOBit Uninstaller helps with the chore...

Cheers, Paul
    In the 2009 version there is not a FR preinstalled

Thanks
    Mirco

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.