compatibility problems between FR5 and FR4

Hi,

when I create a report in the designer with FastReport 5 and I try to open it in a program which is using FastReport 4 I get the following error:

"The following error(s) have occured:
Cannot find class Datasets"

When I open the report in the designer with FastReport 4 and I try to open it in a program it is working, no matter if the version is FR4 or 5.
When I open the report in the designer with FastReport 5 and I try to open it in a program which is using FastReport 5 everything is working fine.

Are there any compatibility problems when creating a report with FR5 and open it with FR4?
How Can I save the reports in the "old" format.

Thanks and regards
Matthias

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 2:02PM
    FR5 have a new features, FR 4 don't know about these features, so this is expected behavior
    wrote:
    How Can I save the reports in the "old" format.
    Open FR5 report in the FR4, ignore all error messages and save it in the FR 4

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.