Close WinForm after FastReport is Closed?

edited 10:27AM in FastReport .NET
I am using FastReport.Net within Visual Studio 2015 to create a new report. I am writing my code in Visual Basic .Net.

I created a new report by adding a new Windows Form to my VB.Net application. I dragged and dropped the Report component onto the new form. Then I right-clicked on Report1 and selected Select Data Source and selected the Access Database that contains the table that is the data source for the report. Finally, I clicked on Design Report and used the FastReport designer to design the report.

After I preview the report on screen and then close it, the Windows Form that was used in building the report is visible and I must then manually close it. How do I get the Windows Form to close when the Report is closed? I can't find a way to get this Windows form to close at the same time that the report closes. How is this done? What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• StarkStark Syria
    edited 10:27AM
    This is in C#, hope this help.

Add the modal Parameter to ".Show()" function -> ".Show(true)";
  • edited April 2016
    BobV365 wrote: »
    I am using FastReport.Net within Visual Studio 2015 to create a new report. I am writing my code in Visual Basic .Net.

I created a new report by adding a new Windows Form to my VB.Net application. I dragged and dropped the Report component onto the new form. Then I right-clicked on Report1 and selected Select Data Source and selected the Access Database that contains the table that is the data source for the report. Finally, I clicked on Design Report and used the FastReport designer to design the report.

After I preview the report on screen and then close it, the Windows Form that was used in building the report is visible and I must then manually close it. How do I get the Windows Form to close when the Report is closed? I can't find a way to get this Windows form to close at the same time that the report closes. How is this done? What am I doing wrong?

UPDATE: I later realized that I needed to use the following VB statements behind the report form:

Private Sub MyReport_Load(Sender As Object, e as EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    Report1.Load("MyFastReport.frx")
    Report1.RegisterData(MyReportDataSet1, "MyReport")
    Report1.Show()
    Me.Close
    EndSub

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.