DBExpress Operation not allowed on a unidirectional dataset

Peter M??llerPeter M??ller Germany
edited 4:13AM in FastReport VCL 5
Hi,

I'm currently converting my projects from Delphi XE2 to Delphi 10. I use Firebird SQL with DBExpress and Fast Report with group headers on most reports.

Reports using group headers show the following error message: Operation not allowed on a unidirectional dataset. With Delphi XE2 and Fast Report 4.0 the reports are all working fine!!!

I tried to use FireDAC instead of DBExpress and then only get empty reports without an error message.

What can I do now?

Thanks

Pepe

Comments

• edited 4:13AM
    Hi,

I'm currently converting my projects from Delphi XE2 to Delphi 10. I use Firebird SQL with DBExpress and Fast Report with group headers on most reports.

Reports using group headers show the following error message: Operation not allowed on a unidirectional dataset. With Delphi XE2 and Fast Report 4.0 the reports are all working fine!!!

I tried to use FireDAC instead of DBExpress and then only get empty reports without an error message.

What can I do now?

Thanks

Pepe

I never used any of the products you have mentionned above, but that error message usually mean that your dataset is configurated with a CursorType that is ctOpenForwardOnly. If it is the case, you need to change the cursor type to something else.
  • edited February 2016
    PatF wrote: »
    PatF wrote: »
    Hi,

What can I do now?

Thanks

Pepe

I never used any of the products you have mentionned above, but that error message usually mean that your dataset is configurated with a CursorType that is ctOpenForwardOnly. If it is the case, you need to change the cursor type to something else.

I have a form with a dbgrid and an sqlquery component. I am trying to fill the dbgrid with the sqlquery. When I do I get the message, "Operation not allowed on Unidirectional dataset." I do NOT want to use a client data set, as I do not want a 'local' copy of the data, I would like to read and display the data directly. How can this be done?
    SY0-401 dumps

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.