Align Right in the Text Component

Hello.

I'm struggling with simple things here,
as a field in my qryOrderDetails named PRICE is at any level Aligned Right,
at both Coloumn level and Persistent Field level, but the Fast Report Textcomponent
does not reflect this. It is Aligned Left.
I don't understand the Align property in the Fast Report Textcomponent.
If I change it, the component itself is jumping around in the report and
not at a logical pattern.

So far the report building, trying to make a simple invoice, have not been very fast for me. :-)

The Page Footer for example, that I would believe was relative positioned at the bottom at the page.
No way. For every band or child band I add, I have to readjust the position of every one of the components at this Page Footer
as it is pushed down below the page end in the designer, thus spreading the invoice over two pages.
When I reduce the hight of it to fit the page again, the components on it is on wrong place relative to the envelope window.

Sure this is only migration frustration, but the align problems have to be solved.
Any suggestions?

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Kai Inge[/img]

Comments

• edited 7:30PM
    Hello.

I'm struggling with simple things here,
    as a field in my qryOrderDetails named PRICE is at any level Aligned Right,
    at both Coloumn level and Persistent Field level, but the Fast Report Textcomponent
    does not reflect this. It is Aligned Left.
    I don't understand the Align property in the Fast Report Textcomponent.
    If I change it, the component itself is jumping around in the report and
    not at a logical pattern.

So far the report building, trying to make a simple invoice, have not been very fast for me. :-)

The Page Footer for example, that I would believe was relative positioned at the bottom at the page.
    No way. For every band or child band I add, I have to readjust the position of every one of the components at this Page Footer
    as it is pushed down below the page end in the designer, thus spreading the invoice over two pages.
    When I reduce the hight of it to fit the page again, the components on it is on wrong place relative to the envelope window.

Sure this is only migration frustration, but the align problems have to be solved.
    Any suggestions?

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Kai Inge[/img]

FastReport TfrxMemoView text alignment does not follow the alignment specified in the field(to the best of my knowledge). You need to manually set the property HAlign to ajust it horizontally and VAlign to ajust it vertically. As you've found out, the Align property is for the alignment of the component. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but it seems to align to the side of the report or on the nearest component if there is one in the way.

Building report with FastReport takes a little time to get used to, but once mastered... I think it is very efficient.

I don't understand your page footer problematic, you can post more details and I can try to find a solution on my next break time >

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.