Multiple installations

I use C++ Builder XE7, XE8 and XE10. How do I install Fastreport 5 VCL for all 3?

Currently I have XE8 installed. I need XE7 installed. When I run the installer, it wants to UNINSTALL first, which kills my XE8 installation. If I select to "Add/Remove features", when the installation is complete the components are not available in XE7.

So I can only have Fastreports working for one of the 3 versions of C++ Builder at a time. I waste a ton of time installing and uninstalling.

Thanks,
Doug

Comments

• edited 7:05PM
    I figured it out (since I'm not going to wait 5+ days for an answer on this forum).

Change the installation folder name from

c:\Program files (x86)\fastReports\FastReport 5 - the default

Use these instead

c:\Program files (x86)\fastReports\FastReport 5 XE7
    c:\Program files (x86)\fastReports\FastReport 5 XE8
  • gpigpi
    edited 7:05PM
    If you have a sources - you may install FR for one IDE, run recompile.exe and compile FR's packages for any IDE

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.