Inline Text Formatting

edited November 2015 in FastReport 4.0
Hi

I am having a problem with formatting text when printing reports.

I have a landscape report with multiple fields that need to be displayed, but I have 1 field with text that is just too long to be displayed inline. I cannot use word wrap as that makes the report uneven as not every field needs to be printed in double lines.

In Delphi I would usually use the simple LeftStr() function and specify how many characters I want displayed, is there a way to use a function like this for the reporting as well?

I have formatted the Dates on the report with no problem, but text does not provide any functionality as I need to simply display the first 30 characters of the string for instance?

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 7:21AM
    use the copy function in the memos expression do not connect the memo to a datafvield.
    ie dataset.fieldname,from, count
    [Copy(<Customers."Company">, 1, 1)]
  • edited 7:21AM
    gordk wrote: »
    use the copy function in the memos expression do not connect the memo to a datafvield.
    ie dataset.fieldname,from, count
    [Copy(<Customers."Company">, 1, 1)]

Thank you very much, that worked perfectly.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.