RAD Studio 10 Seattle

PolomintPolomint Australia
edited 6:22PM in FastReport VCL 5
OK, getting in early. With the release of RAD Studio 10 Seattle (copying Microsoft and going from (XE)8 to 10 in one step) we will be needing a version of FastReport to suit. I have just checked my Account and there is not an option yet to download a RS10S compatible installer.

Will this be ready soon?

Cheers, Paul

Comments

• edited 6:22PM
    +1
  • gpigpi
    edited 6:22PM
    If you have a sources - use packages and recompile.exe from attach
  • PolomintPolomint Australia
    ..and if we don't have the FR Source?
  • This doesn't seem to work. I copied all the files, ran recompile.exe as Administrator, selected "recompile all packages" then clicked "Compile".

I get a message saying:

Recompiled files are in the

"C:\Program Files (x86)\FastReports\FastReport 5\Source\LibD23" folder.

Be sure that your Delphi/BCB Library path is set up correctly.

However, there are no log entries except "Done" and there are no files in the LibD23 folder.

Can you please take a look? Better still, upload the full installer to the customer download area.

Cheers,
    Paul
  • gpigpi
    Copy all files in the Sources folder, copy fs.inc in the FastScript folder, copy fqb.inc in the FastQB folder, replace recompile.exe, run recompile.exe and recompile all packages

Wait for next FR's build after September, 9
    I Installed Delphi 10 and downloaded FastReport FMX Embarcadero Edition for Delphi 10 from the Embarcadero Website but i cannot compile a Project.

when i add a frxReport to a Firemokey-Form I always get this Error:
    [dcc64 Fataler Fehler] Unit11.pas(7): F2051 Unit FMX.frxFMX wurde mit einer unterschiedlichen Version von FMX.Layouts.TScrollBox.Paint compiliert

translated: Unit FMX.frxFMX has been comoiled with e differen Version of FMX.Layouts.TScrollBox.Paint

i doublecheckt the Library-Path but everything is set up correctly.
  • gpigpi
    Uninstall FastReport FMX Embarcadero Edition, install it again and remove all pas files from LibD23 folder
    gpi wrote: »

Wait for next FR's build after September, 9
    Thanks for the update, 9/9 isn't a problem.

We only have 30 days with Trial Version so that gives us a couple of weeks to make the buy / no-buy decision! >
  • gpigpi
    not 9/9, after 9/9
    Noted!
    It's 9/10 ... i'm a little disappointed :angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />" alt=">" />
    It's 9/10 ... i'm a little disappointed :angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />" alt=">" />
    And outside the US it's 10/9 - but we are also disappointed >
    Am i missing something ? Still no Seattle Support for Enterprise customers ?

I thought FR was an Premier Embarcadero Partner. How can they be so unprepared for a major version update/release.
    Going on 3 weeks since release is simply shameful .....

This is my "I'm embarrassed for you" face >
    edited September 2015
    How can they be so unprepared for a major version update/release.
    Especially strange since the RAD Studio Trial contains v5.3.14 of FR! As this contains some minor changes, someone (?) built a new (and as yet not released to licence-payers) version - albeit the basic variety.

Prompts the question, "Did Embarcadero jump the gun in releasing Seattle so soon after XE8?" And has anyone noticed that the RAD Studio Migration tool calls "10 Seattle" XE9?

What other nastiness is hiding in the woodpile?

[correction]v5.3.14 has just been released to the licensed users. But not in Seattle format.[/correction]
  • Ok am I missing something. FastReport VCL 5.3.14 released in customer portal yesterday but doesn't contain support for RadStudio 10 Seattle.

• edited September 2015
    Ok am I missing something. FastReport VCL 5.3.14 released in customer portal yesterday but doesn't contain support for RadStudio 10 Seattle.

Yes FR5.3.14 is at last available for Enterprise customers and so we should be very happy. But we are not [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Why are we being such ungrateful malcontents? Because FR have still not added RAD Studio 10 Seattle to the customer control panel IDE list! <strike>The promised Changes list also seems to be missing.</strike> In fact this is available at:[/img] https://www.fast-report.com/en/product/fast...-vcl-5/changes/

And there's still no FR FMX2 for 10 Seattle (other than the Embarcadero edition).

We do understand that it has been the holiday season and that it can take a lot of work to release a new version of a component set. But 10 Seattle has been out for two weeks and betas were available for several weeks before that.

Last week I attended an Embarcadero promotion event for 10 Seattle in Manchester (even Marco Cantu was there!) and I spent several minutes telling some potential buyers what a great product FR is.

I hope they don't start phoning up to ask me what what I was talking about.
  • I would like to further query on expected date of arrival of FR support for DX10 Seattle.
    Ta Thanks.
  • gpigpi
    wrote:
    And there's still no FR FMX2 for 10 Seattle (other than the Embarcadero edition).
    FR FMX 2.2.9 supports RX with recompile.exe
    FR FMX 2.2.9 supports RX with recompile.exe

Thanks. Is there any official FR documentation about this? (Either in regard to Delphi versions compatibility, or how / when / why to use the recompile.exe tool?)
  • edited September 2015
    Tick Tock Tick Tock and the days just keep passing by ...

So whats the difference between the free version and enterprise ?
    With support like this I just might not ever pay for an upgrade again...Seems like the "freeloaders" projects aren't getting delayed.
    BUT MINE ARE !!!

They haven't even replied to my questions concerns or criticisms as an enterprise customer through 2 major versions now...

Exactly when did support abandon ship ?

This is my i'm getting ready to write angry reviews everywhere face :angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />" alt=">" />
  • gpigpi
    tampasounds
    If you have FR Enterprise, you can download sources of FR 5.3.14, install it and build all FR's packages by recompile.exe
    Then add path to LibD23 folder to Library Path and add all dcl*23.bpl packages from LibD23 folder in the IDE (menu Component-Install packages)
    Seems like the "freeloaders" projects aren't getting delayed.
    And those of us in the middle? Licence-payer but not with Enterprise / Source privileges, means the "worst of both worlds" I suppose.

Ah well, it was good while it lasted, but can't see us paying for FR6.x of any colour when / if it is released...
  • gpigpi
    Installer for RAD Studio 10 Seattle available now in the customer panel
    If you have FR Enterprise, you can download sources of FR 5.3.14, install it and build all FR's packages by recompile.exe
    Ok.
    Then add path to LibD23 folder to Library Path and add all dcl*23.bpl packages from LibD23 folder in the IDE (menu Component-Install packages)
    So that's a dozen or more packages to be located and manually added?

It is certainly good to know how to do this. And it would be even better if the build / install process were formally documented for customers. [If it is, I would be delighted to know where to look.]

But such a procedure takes time, is error-prone and really should not be the main (or only) way to install a new release.

On a more positive note, I see that the Customer panel now shows a banner to advise that there is a hidden IDE and there is now a checkbox for RAD Studio 10 Seattle on the IDE tab in Settings.

But still no automatic installer files for FR5, FR FMX2 (or any other product) on RX10 Seattle.

• gpigpi
    wrote:
    So that's a dozen or more packages to be located and manually added?
    Yes, you may select all dcl*23.bpl packages from LibD23 folder at the same time and add it to IDE
    wrote:
    But such a procedure takes time
    Yes, it takes 3-5 minutes for first installation, 1-2 minutes - for upgrade
    Thank-you a hundred times over! Forgive our frustration - 19 September is a long time "after 9/9".

I manually uninstalled the Embarcadero Edition, and then downloaded and installed D23 normally, and so far everything is looking good.
  • edited September 2015
    Installer for RAD Studio 10 Seattle available now in the customer panel

Very many thanks!

As I said earlier, we know that these things take time to do properly. And while that's going on it can sometime be irritating when the children in the back seat keep asking "Are we nearly there yet?".

But perhaps the car can go just a little faster next time? >
  • edited September 2015
    We are not quite there yet - the download link for fmx2_2_9_d23p.exe appears to be broken.
  • gpigpi
    Try to download fmx2_2_10_d23p.exe
    wrote:
    We are not quite there yet - the download link for fmx2_2_9_d23p.exe appears to be broken.
    Sources included in the FR FMX, so you can use any other installer and recompile.exe
  • LurkingKiwiLurkingKiwi Wellington, New Zealand
    Does anybody know if Fast Reports works with the Delphi XE10 Starter Edition?
    Their website says it isn't INCLUDED, but I already have a standard license.

The jump to 6-monthly releases means I've fallen out of the upgrade window, and am looking at the Starter Edition, but as it doesn't have Database components I am wondering if that will prevent TfrxUserDataSet from working (which is all I use).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.