need designer localization at runtime

Hi, I've used the recompile wizard to swithch language, but I've found that I've the new language only at design time (TfrxReport), while if I run the designer in my program to let the user desigh/modify reports, the designer is still in english (TfrxDesigner).
I use code like this:
I drop in the form a TfrxDesigner component, a TfrxReport, and execute:
frxReport1.DesignReport;

What I relly need should be right the opposite behaviour. You know, a programmer has to know english, your documentation is in english, delphi is english, properties/methods/etc. are in english. So when I design reports double clicking TfrxReport I would love to have it in english, and when I deploy my app to italian customers I would love to have them have the designer in italian (also previev captions, and whatever). In any case, you could provide an option in the recompile wizard, even if I feel that my needs are the more logical for 99% of the situations.
Or maybe I've something wrong going here...
thanks a lot
Marco
(IBO 4.3.A native IB_ components, D6 pro, FR3.03 pro, Win2K)

Comments

• edited 6:58PM
    Check the library path in the Delphi - it should point to FR3\LIBD6 if you want to use recompiled units.
    My IDE Tools -> Enviroment options -> Library -> Library path, where related to FR3, is (with added line breaks for better readability):
    $(DELPHI)\FR3\Source\ado;
    $(DELPHI)\FR3\Source\bde;
    $(DELPHI)\FR3\Source\dbx;
    $(DELPHI)\FR3\Source\ibx;
    $(DELPHI)\FR3\Source\ExportPack;
    $(DELPHI)\FR3\LibD6

so it should be ok. I compile without "Build with runtime packages" (produced a single indipendent exe).
    What could be wrong?
    thanks
    Marco
    That's wrong because recompiler puts updated dcus in the LibD6 folder. It should be first (or sole) in the library path.
    It worked! Thanks a lot! Btw, the path order (with LibD6 at the end) was the one made by the installation program.
    Ah, could the installation program should use $(DELPHI) instead of the full path? It will shorten the string and make it more redable.
    Thanks again for the help
    Marco

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.