Charts on Group Footer Band

I have created charts on the Report Summary Band just fine however now I need to do the same at the Group Footer Band.
The chart is created in code with static values. When viewed in the designer it is just a blank space. When run it does not appear.
Also tried adding a chart with the designer open I can see that chart but when run it's as if the data is wiped.

In the designer the chart built in code can be cut and pasted where upon it becomes visible but when run disappears again.

Also tried creating a Child band of the Group Footer Band and placing the chart in there with the same results.

Anyone have a idea what might be going on?

Thanks,
Nick

Comments

• JasonColeyNZJasonColeyNZ New Zealand
    edited 8:05PM
    Where are the values coming from, are they totals at all?

• edited 8:05PM

They are totals derived outside the report and added as static values into each chart.
    Very similar to dropping a default chart and data into the band.

Looks like if I populate the chart in a event that will work although that is not an optimal solution.

Thanks for your interest,
    Nick
  • edited 8:05PM
    nsmith wrote: »
    nsmith wrote: »

They are totals derived outside the report and added as static values into each chart.
    Very similar to dropping a default chart and data into the band.

Looks like if I populate the chart in a event that will work although that is not an optimal solution.

Thanks for your interest,
    Nick

My thinking on this was in error. It is necessary to use the events and script to accomplish this at this time. Perhaps in the future it will be easier if the chart points can be connected to the source of the data.

Appears doing this is code is going to require some dynamic script building.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.