Install both for C++ Builder XE7 and XE8

I have FR5 installed for C++ Builder XE7. I still have projects that use XE7 because they use components that have not been upgraded to use XE8. I use XE8 for everything else.

When I install FR5 for XE8, it wants to remove the XE7 version. This is a pain in the a**, I am installing and uninstalling just to work on different projects.

How do I get FR5 for XE7 and XE8 to coexist?

Comments

• edited 1:19PM
    Here is what I did that seems to have fixed it.......

Installed XE7 version of FR5. Then make a copy of the LibD21 folder and it's subfolders. (I don't use the 64 bit stuff, if you do you'll need that folder as well)

Install XE8 version. When done the LibD21 folder will have been deleted. So paste the LibD21 copy you made earlier. That's all you have to do!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.