Spacing not as designed

edited 10:38AM in FastReport VCL 5
I opened a FR2 report and saved it as a FR3 report. The conversion left out a lot of data, the only thing that actually worked was the memo's were in the proper location. This actually saved a lot of time because there are a lot of memo's on the report.

I filled in many of the memo fields (still have many more to fill in). But when I preview the report the spacing is not correct, there is too much room between certain memo's.

I am using C++ Builder XE7 and FR 5.3.8

See the attached files

Thanks!

Comments

• edited 10:38AM
    Tech support on this forum is really bad lately
  • gpigpi
    edited 10:38AM
    Try to set ShiftMode to smDontShift, StretchMode to smActualHeight or smDontStretch for all TfrxMemoViews
    It's the ShiftMode - it was set to smAlways (should have been smDontShift) . I have never used this property, so I wondered how it got set. This report was an old FR2 .FRF report that I saved to be a .FR3 file, so it converted it incorrectly.
    Today I fire up Rad Studio XE7 and load this project, and I get "Memo1.StretchMode - Invalid property value". So frustrating!

• gpigpi
    edited 10:38AM
    Send your fr3 file to support: support@fast-report.com or create support ticket

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.