Stored Procedure Usage tips?

edited 11:10AM in FastReport VCL 5
I deal with a software/db product that is older than I am (I am 36) .....

I have zero control of the DB side of things. I get what I am given.

A LOT of calls are stored procedure based.

It amazes me there is no built in stored proc support yet in the data tab.

Is there any reason for this?

I can get by mostly writing query in the code page, do to a CALL but man is it messy. As I have alot of calls... with alot of params.

My other big issue is some calls return no dataset. Just a return value parameter. I can't figure out how to deal with those in fast reports.

So I have to do code that runs some stored procs... and passes those to the report as variables. Would LOVE to have just all that stuff shoved into the
report it self. Apparently this stuff worked in Crystal Reports... not 100% sure as I never used it, but told it did...

This puts a big strain on me having to do alot of work arounds.

Comments

• edited 11:10AM
    Bump..

No one uses Stored Procs I take it?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.