Embed lossless image (e.g., png or bmp instead of jpg) in exported PDF

Is there a way I can have the exported PDF of my reports embed the images in a lossless format?

I'm using FR5 Pro for VCL with Delphi XE8.

My report includes some images that are generated in my application code as TBitmap. When the report is exported to a PDF, the PDF includes these images as JPEGs, and their quality is so low that some of the small text is unreadable. In exporting the PDF, I set the JPEG quality to 100%, but the quality is still too low.

Is there a way embed the images in the exported PDF as a PNG, or a BMP, or a DIB, or anything else that's lossless?
If not, what can I do to improve the quality of the images?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• edited 1:19PM
    frxPDFExport.Compressed := false;

Does that change anything?
  • edited 1:19PM
    Yes, that solves my problem. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Thank you for the suggestion.[/img]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.