Feature: Re-Scale Report Wizard

edited 11:58AM in FastReport VCL 5
I created a report and decided that it would be best if I scaled down the font and shrink everything in order to make more room. This is too much work [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />. I think a "Scale Wizard" would be nice to have where it would propartionalty reduce the font, box size, image size, etc of anything that I have selected. For example, if my header is ok but I want to shrink my master data then I would just select all components in the master head and click "Resize Wizard".[/img]

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 11:58AM
    are you talking about not enough size when desigining
  • edited 11:58AM
    gordk wrote: »
    are you talking about not enough size when desigining

I am not sure I understand your question.

Maybe a description of a real situation will help.

I built a report that has a huge footer after detail records. This footer is about 30-40% the height of the page. Normally the detail lines are a very small number and everything fits on one page. There are some cases though where the detail pushed the footer onto another page. To minimize this, I wanted to reduce the font and re-arrange things so I could have more detail lines as well as making the footer smaller so it would not force a new page. For me to to that, I had to change the font and re-size the height on all the memo boxes and move them up. I then imagined a wizard tool that would do that for me.
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 11:58AM
    actually you can do most of that now
    sample changing all the memo's font or sizes in a band
    select the band right right click and select select all
    then move to the font tool bar and select your size all will change.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.