How do I know what version of FastReport I have installed?

I would like to upgrade to the brand new FastReport 5.3 version. How do I know what version I currently have installed on my system? There does not appear to be an About file.

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited 3:30AM
    In the IDE with project that uses FastReport, click on any of the instances of FR objects (e.g. frxReport) and check what is displayed in the Object Inspector panel [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> (Version is the last Property displayed - mine says 5.3!)[/img]
  • gpigpi
    Also you can see frxVersion.inc
  • edited 3:30AM
    Even after going to the Embarcadero website (http://cc.embarcadero.com) and logging in and downloading "FastReport VCL 5 for RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder XE8" (22.7 MB, updated Last Tuesday), uninstalling the FastReports that came with RAD Studio XE8 and installing this version, it looks like I still only have version 5.1.5. That is not the most up-to-date version. How do I get 5.3?
  • PolomintPolomint Australia
    Logon at http://cp.fast-report.com/login (I assume you are a registered / licensed user) and go to the "Files" page. You should see all the products you are licensed to access there (e.g. FastCube VCL 2 and FastReport VCL5).

If you can't see XE8 download in the list, you need to change your IDE settings. Scroll the page and the frame! (XE8 is at the bottom.)
  • edited May 2015
    I am not a registered user, in fact I have never seen that site before. My copy of FastReports came bundled with Embarcadero RAD Studio XE8. How do I become a registered user? How do I get an account on that site?
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    by purchasing the product.
    since you are in the forum click on the words homrsite at the top left of the forum page
    and go from there

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.