About print barcode label

edited 3:18PM in FastReport .NET
I want to print a UPC-A barcode, eg: 1234567890, the default width is 36.71 mm with zoom = 1
but this size is too large to me, so i set the zoom from 0.5 to 0.9, but the printed barcode can not read by scanner!!

I notice the "ArgoBar Lite" (a application of the Argox printer), with a setting call "Line Width" (in pixel),
it can set to 1, 2, 3 ... etc. when i set to 2, the generated barcode width is same as fast-report,
so why fast-report without this setting ?

Comments

• edited 3:18PM
    Hello,

There is no way to specify line width in pixels (which pixels? screen? printer?). The printer must have quite big resolution to print barcodes. If the resolution is low, the barcode reader will not be able to read barcode.
    and now how can i make sure the barcode with zoom less than 1 can read by the barcode reader ?
    If your printer has low resolution (for example 100dpi), you will not be able to print barcodes even with the zoom = 1.
  • edited March 2010
    Hello Alex,

The resolution of my printer is 200 dpi.

I use ArgoBar Lite place a UPC-A barcode in the design window, with the line width = 2,
    design window show the width of this barcode is 27.77mm,
    so in fast-report, i set the barcode AutoSize = false, zoom = 1, and set barcode width = 27.77 mm,
    the printed barcode can read by the barcode reader!!

Thanks anyway. :lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />" alt=">" />
    Hi repack,

We had a similar problem a while ago trying to do pretty much the same thing you were.

I tried that Free barcode font, but had a fair few problems with it, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didnt, and it would work on a normal printer, but not on our thermal printers. We were using the Zebra 2864 printer but still kept having problems. After a while I got fed up and gave up, but then had todo the same task again, so rather than messing around, i just decided to buy some, and went through a company I had been recommended, the Barcode Labels they did just worked, and saved loads of messing!

I think someone needs to come up with some decent software to work with barcodes, apart from graphical software!!!

Hope this helps
    may i ask what barcode scanner control are you using to read and scan this barcode. i have one, it supports read upc-a barcodes in large size. hope it can help you read and print out this barcode.
    here i wanna recommend the barcode label printer and the qr code label printing software
  • edited April 2015
    cindy313 wrote: »
    Thanks, looking forward to have a try, but is there a available free trail?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.